August ’21 has been the best month for the US apparel buyers as the imports have surged to US $ 8.07 billion for the first time in the year.
USA noted 23 per cent Y-o-Y surge in its value-wise apparel imports during Aug. ’21.
Volume-wise imports saw 17.10 per cent yearly increase to 2,841.04 million SME of garments. The growth reinstates the fact that consumer market is settling well post-pandemic in the USA.
All major apparel manufacturing destinations in Asia, Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Caribbean region got benefitted by increasing order placements by US buyers.
Performance of the main Asian countries in the US market in Aug. ’21 –
- China remained the top shipper to USA with US $ 2.20 billion worth of apparel exports, noting 21.20 per cent Y-o-Y surge.
- Vietnam has finally seen considerable growth despite lockdowns as factories operated systematically, following all protocols. The country shipped US $ 1.51 billion worth of garments and grew by around 21.80 per cent in Aug. ’21 as compared to Aug. ’20.
- Bangladesh has remained stagnant somehow and noted a marginal growth of 5.40 per cent in its apparel shipment value to USA that valued US $ 626.26 million in Aug. ’21.
- Cambodia seems to be getting back on track after a short-term setback as it exported US $ 349.50 million worth of apparels to USA in Aug. ’21 and witnessed 31.30 per cent yearly growth.
- India performed good and clocked US $ 334.69 million revenues from its apparel exports to USA in Aug. ’21, tapping 31 per cent Y-o-Y growth.
- Indonesia too bounced back in August and exported US $ 366.86 million worth of garment products to USA, noting 23 per cent yearly surge.
- Pakistan steered its growth by 53.80 per cent and clocked US $ 199.81 million in its garment exports to USA in the 8th month of 2021.
- Sri Lanka’s exports saw miniscule growth of 0.50 per cent and apparel exports to USA valued US $ 143.85 million during Aug. ’21.
Performance of the major African countries in the US market in Aug. ’21 –
- Kenya topped the tally in the African continent with US $ 44.12 million worth of shipment to USA, growing 51.30 per cent on annual note in Aug. ’21.
- Madagascar grew by over 100 per cent to ship US $ 23.72 million worth of apparels to USA in the said period.
- Lesotho couldn’t see positive trajectory and declined by 32 per cent to ship apparels worth US $ 23.45 million.
- Ethiopia clocked US $ 21.80 million in its garment shipment to USA with a surge of over 34 per cent on yearly basis.
Performance of the key Middle-East countries in the US market in Aug. ’21 –
- Jordan’s shipment to USA was stagnant as it noted marginal growth of 2.70 per cent and exported US $ 177.27 million worth of garments to USA in the said month.
- Turkey shipped US $ 84.35 million worth of apparels and related products to USA, clocking 101 per cent growth on yearly note in Aug. ’21.
- Egypt, another emerging manufacturing destination, shipped US $ 93.21 million worth of garments to USA, experiencing 45.60 per cent Y-o-Y growth.
Performance of the Latin American, Central America and Caribbean countries in the US market in Aug. ’21 –
- Mexico accounted for around US $ 257.57 million in overall US apparel import values, noting 27.10 per cent growth in Aug. ’21.
- Colombia shipped US $ 28.30 million worth of garments to USA, increasing its value by 69.30 per cent as compared to Aug. ’20.
- Honduras clocked US $ 251.28 million in its garment shipment to USA with a surge of over 27.40 per cent on yearly basis.
- Nicaragua grew by over 55.50 per cent to ship US $ 199.55 million worth of apparels to USA in the said period.
- Haiti’s manufacturers survived a severe earthquake in August and the country exported US $ 101.38 million worth of garment products to USA, noting 53.50 per cent yearly surge.
- El Salvador shipped US $ 146.16 million worth of apparels and related products to USA, clocking 15.80 per cent growth on yearly note in Aug. ’21.